I offer in-person one-to-one coaching in my at-home studio in North Wilmington, just five minutes from the Pennsylvania state line, as well as online using video-conferencing.
During coaching sessions you will:
- Get one-on-one instruction to address individual needs.
- Develop a more accurate awareness of mind and body.
- Become familiar with practical thinking processes to improve your functioning.
- Learn to bring more ease and improved coordination to simple, everyday movements and activities, such as sitting, standing, walking, bending, reaching, and speaking.
- Learn how to use lying down in Constructive Rest as a way to unravel stress.
- Learn to prevent harmful habits of tension and movement.
- Apply what you’ve learned to activities of your choice, such as working at the computer, giving a presentation, chopping vegetables or exercising.
If you are having coaching sessions in person you may also receive gentle, hands-on guidance to assist the process of learning.
Here’s what people have said about what they are learning in their sessions:
“…online coaching with Imogen has been an invaluable experience. I began my journey due to hip pain and was actually scheduled for surgery when I started my lessons. I combined Imogen’s coaching with physical therapy and massage, and the results have been amazing. Surgery is no longer in my future. I believe without the Alexander technique I would never have discovered how much the way we think controls the way we use our bodies. Imogen integrated all of the concepts of the technique while still taking time to focus on my specific issue. I have also carried my Alexander coaching directly into my work as a dentist…a very physically demanding profession on the body. I have experienced significantly decreased back and shoulder soreness, fewer tension headaches, and more joy in my work! I would highly recommend online coaching with Imogen to anyone that is interested in the Alexander Technique.”
—Erin Rhodes, dentist in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, USA
“During the last session, I think there were two light bulb moments. The first was that letting go of tension would result in good posture rather than (or in addition to) the other way round, and the second was the realization that I probably haven’t been breathing into my upper back for many years now, and that this could potentially reduce any tension and discomfort I feel. I also realized that I could work with my natural posture, rather than having to reshape it.”
—Emma, a translator based in France
“My comfort level increased during the session and I continue to feel better when sitting at the computer. The idea of focusing on the less tense areas is very powerful, and one I will remember to practice periodically.”
—Retired CFO, Shell Oil Co., Santa Ana, CA, USA
In-person sessions are typically 45 minutes long.
Online sessions are typically 30 minutes long, with email follow-up.
Contact me for more information or to set up your appointment today.